2/08/2008

LaVey on Satanism.

I am not a LaVeyan Satanist anymore. Heck, it was a long time since I was. Nowadays I may not even want to call myself a Satanist at all. The main principles of his worldview is still something that lies close to my heart even though I have definately put a personal twist on them. Maybe even to the point where people might not recognize the origin. I also really dislike LaVeys organisation which, to a person who isnt a member, seemingly is made upp by pretentious people that likes to dress up and have their head up their own ass. Maybe that was harsh but thats how many of their official spokespeople come off.

This is a quote by LaVey which I happen to like:

My brand of Satanism is the ultimate conscious alternative to herd mentality and institutionalized thought. It is a studied and contrived set of principles and exercises designed to liberate individuals from a contagion of mindlessness that destroys innovation. I have termed my thought “Satanism” because it is most stimulating under that name. Self discipline and motivation are effected more easily under stimulating conditions. Satanism means “the opposition” and epitomizes all symbols of noncomformity. Satanism calls forth the string ability to turn a liability into an advantage, to turn alienation into exclusivity. In other words, the reason it’s called Satanism is because its fun, its acurate, and its productive.

Anton LaVey - the devils notebook (foreword).

No comments: