2/01/2009

16 random things about me.

This is something I wrote for facebook. A friend wrote me 16 random things about her and the rules was to write her back with 16 random things about me as well as send it on to 16 other people. Given my nature I gave this alot of thought instead of just sitting down and writing 16 things off the top of my head. I think it turned out in a way that can be compared to a tattoo only less permamnent. Its a print of where I am just now and what is going through my head. Its pretty short and has no real structure but I thought it would be a good idea to re-publish these on my blog to keep it alive. So here we go:

1. I am often so caught up in my own "thing" that I cant understand how others cant even understand me - even if I dont demand that they have to agree with me.

2. Because of the above Im much of a lone wolf, for good and bad, and very few people really know me (if anyone these days).

3. I almost never read fiction. I tend to be bored with it and not think it has any significant value. I prefer books on philosophy and whatever connects to that.

4. I am an elitist but I cant live up to my ideals because they are too high and Im to lazy.

5. I think ignorance can be a blessing because that often means that youre happy. Knowledge on the other hand tends to be a heavier load and more often leads to unhapiness. Of course I always seek knowledge and tend to not be as carefree and do not take things in a very easy and relaxed manner.

6. I still love pro-wrestling. Its easy and it speaks to the most basic human instincts and it works as an escape from reality for me. Or as a return to an easier reality.

7. If I had to choose I would rather be mute than deaf or blind.

8. I wish I could start all over again and embrace the things I may not have dared to embrace in the past.

9. I strongly dislike people who claim that they listen to any kind of music. It usually means that they listen to anything that the radio burps out for them to consume. If asked if they like death metal, jazz fusion or opera they either dont know the genre or say they dont like it.

10. I on the other hand have a diverse taste in music but would never say "I like everything" or alike because I dont want to be categorized with those people I described above. The stuff thats been playing the most for me recently has been Rome (neofolk), Giuseppe Verdi (opera), Anthrax (thrash metal), Wardruna (folk), Weather Report (jazz fusion) and Black Sabbath (heavy metal/hard rock).

11. I cant really go out to bars/clubs because if I do after a while the music sounds distorted in my ears and I can never really hear what others are saying even if they are standing right next to me. I think its combination of loud music and so much other sounds. I think my ears have a hard time concentrating when there is to much and to loud sounds.

12. I dwell on things for way to long even if there is no reason for it. I really wish I could move on easier but I cant and I have to accept that.

13. I have a few dreams I'd like to come true but I am at the same time afraid to loose my comfort. The ironic thing is that much of what I want to get away from is the comfort and predictability of my life.

14. My main philosophical foundations for metaphysics tend to lie with Heraclitus work "fragments" and it is added to by concepts from eastern metaphysics (mahakali in vamachara tantra, sunyata in buddhism, tao in taoism), nietzsches worldview and ancient myths of now dead religions (ginnungagap in ancient norse tradition for example).

15. Despite me drawing influence from theistic religions and systems I myself am an atheist who like to describe the world in a theistic language to personalize it. Nietzsche also did it with Apollo and Dionysus.

16. I am to serious to often. Hey, take a look at the points above and tell me otherwise ;)

No comments: