12/28/2008

Queen of Night

Today I attended a musical called footloose. A friend invited me and I thought it ould be nice. I usually dont do these kind of things so I gave it a shot. On the way home we discussed doing thing we dont usually do. I remembered having attended the opera as a child and when I got home I decided to look up some opera. I havent been able to get into alot of classical music before but I remembered having a VHS-tape of "the magic flute". This was when I was really young and I remember liking it and watching it alot. So in my search I came across this clip. This is Diana Damrau as Queen of Night from Wolfgang Amadeus Mozarts "The Magic Flute". Im quite stunned to be honest. I may not be hugely into this kind of music but this performance really touches me. The aria itself is a masterpiece and Dianas voice is superb. Listen and enjoy:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mkt bra postning det här. Jag har tittat/lyssnat på klippet flera gånger. Fantastiskt framfört.

TheInsane said...

Ja det är något speciellt med klippet. Har utforskat vidare och hört en del Wagner och Verdi också. För förstå gången i mitt liv förstår jag lite mer av charmen med opera. Alltid roligt att upptäcka nya saker.